Welcome to the homepage of the Electronic and Software Systems (ESS) Group.
The ESS Group undertakes research covering Electronics and Computer Science that enables advances in engineering of electronic and software systems. Our research involves the exploration and development of theoretical foundations, modelling and programming languages, engineering methods, design tools and system engineering applications covering both software and hardware.
Latest ESS News
- 28 November 2016 Developing software to aid disaster management
- 02 November 2016 Southampton on the rise amongst Best Global Universities
- 15 September 2016 Southampton to help develop software which could transform ship maintenance
- 15 September 2016 ORCHID recognised for major collaboration
- 11 July 2016 World-leading aerospace expertise showcased at Farnborough International Airshow
- 21 December 2015 Funding to help Southampton students protect the UK against cyber-attacks
- 24 November 2015 ECS students and researchers win prestigious awards from National Microelectronics Institute
- 04 June 2015 Visiting Professorship to enhance industrial experience at Southampton
- 10 March 2015 Southampton scientists win Engineering prizes for research shown in parliament
- 15 December 2014 Launch of ADVANCE marks new phase in development of cyber-physical systems